[A/S] Re: Trailoring mirrors

Bill:
I have a suggestion that I think will work, if you want "Fancy AND
Function" than you may not like my mirrors.     IF you
want "Function" and "Plain Jane" keep on reading.   I have used these
mirrors for about 8 years and find visibility to be excellent.    I
have been using them on Chev Pickups but last week I bought a 2005
F150.   After reading your post I went and tried my mirrors on my new
F150, looks like they will work.    My mirrors are three chrome
plated round pipes that make up a pyramid.    You lift the hood and
two legs hook onto the top of the fender right over the front wheel
well, the third leg hooks in the wheel well above the front wheel.
They are tightened up with a turnbuckle.   They have a rubber coating
where they contact the fender and don't scratch the paint.    They
came with flat mirrors but I changed the mirrors to round curved
mirrors, "objects are closer than they appear".   On the passenger
side I use a 8 1/2" round trucker's mirror, on the driver's side a 6
1/4" round mirror.
When I unhook say at a rally I leave the mirrors on, but I just swing
them in a bit.

Looking at my F150 I don't believe that you could use a McKesh mirror.

I also added amber lights on the front of the mirrors as my 1959
Tradewind only has two front maker lights, nothing on the  front
dome.

Lauren WBCCI # 7532 VAC