[A/S] 77 Excella Brake system conversion?

Just bought this AS recently. Was going to buy a diesel tow vehicle,
and someone told me that diesels don't have a vaccum system to run the
trailer brakes. Anyone know of anyone that has either done a
conversion of the trailer brakes to electric, or I've heard of adding a
12V vaccum system; don't know if that would be on the trailer or tow
vehicle. Anyone have any comments, experience with this (either
option)? Thx."