RE: [A/S] Taking Delivery!/Question

Hi Sue,

Sounds like you are off to a good start!!!!!

There are two "general" Campground Directories. "Woodall's" and "Trailer
Life".  Woodall's for the entire country is about 3" thick, and covers a
large percentage of privet and some public campgrounds. You can cut down the
size by getting a version for "West" or one for "East" that only covers
about 1/2 of the country by dividing it into two books. Trailer Life is put
out by the Good Sam Club, and is about the same size as the big Woodall's
and covers the entire country. Each of these big directories probably
include 75 or 80% of the campgrounds in the country. They DO NOT include ALL
campgrounds. It cost the campground money to get included in these, and some
just don't want to pay the fee. KOA has their own small directory that is
free if you stop by a KOA campground, or visit their web site. The two big
directories cost about $15 each. You can get the Trailer Life Directory
along with pretty good mapping software in a CD version for $35 I think it
is. I have all four of the above mentioned directories I use for trip
planning, sense each one has some different listings in a given area. Each
of these directories have a web site that allows some kind of limited search
engine to find campgrounds near a given city. I think you can get at each of
these for free.
There are also several "special" directories out there for Military, state
parks, and such.

Hope this gets you off to a good start on your Airstreaming.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624