Re: [A/S] Draining culinary water tank

I agree with everyone about carrying as little in the three tanks as possible
when towing.  reduces tongue weight, and stresses on the frame while towing over
very rough surfaces.

I have always sworn that the next time I get the belly skin off, I am going to
install decent petcocks on the grey and the fresh water (what is
culinary/cooking?  is that different from fresh water?) tanks.

in the meantime, to empty those tanks, you can purchase a 10'? length of half
inch hose (clear tubing at any RV store), open your fill port on the side of the
trailer push the tube/hose all the way in until it bottoms then have enough for
the outside end to almost reach the ground... certainly lower than the "inside"
end ... then start sucking on it until you start a siphon.
that will quickly drain the tank.

Alternatively, smaller diameter is easier to suction but slower to drain.
And... use your kitchen and shower and lavatory faucets to pump water into your
gray tank which you can simultaneously drain out on your driveway if at home.
Do drain it first at a dump site.

fwiw
--
Charles L Hamilton