Re: [A/S] International rally??'s

> 1-they are providing 3 amps of electricity. we get that much from our
> solar panel and don't see how one can survive in the summer without
> air conditioning. (we are from tampa...)

There is a section where for extra money you can get 30 amp
service, don't know if you still can or not.  It is going to
be beastly hot.

> 2- do I get my own generator and if so what is best?

If you use a generator, they will put you in a special
generator section, I would get either the Honda ei 3000 or
two of their 2000 size with the cable to run them together.
Quietest generator ever.

> 3- why do they run hoses from one trailer to another? this is dry
> camping? so don't we plan to fill our fresh tank before we get there?

the water system is a temporary pipe laid down with a
connector every 40' or so.  The person in the row who is
closest hooks to that, and has an un valved Y connector that
his neighbor connects to and so on, like a daisy chain. You
will have plenty of water, but it's smart to come with a
full tank in case they are slow about getting it all hooked
up. And come with your black and gray tank empty. They will
pump them out periodically for you.

> 4 is there any possibility of getting help parking? newbie and no good
> in reverse and it sounds like they pack trailers very tight. I'm
> scared.

Lots of help, and no backing. I'ts kind of like getting
parked at a sports event. Not to be scared.

> 5 are there any food vendors? or do I cook all my own meals and if so
> how without the microwave and being in the heat already?

there are some meals , but not vendors.  A lot of people go
out to eat.  I cook late at night and eat mostly cold food
during the day, or just live on salads and sandwiches.

> 6- is it any fun? Is everybody really old. No offense but the pictures
> show pictures of my parents generation mostly. We still work and
> travel with kids. And is there anything for teens to do?

Humm. I personally don't find the regular WBCCI events much
fun, I amy be a grandmother, but...there are quite a lot of
people there with kids, but not much for them to do formally
anyway. There is tons of stuff to do in the area, and the
best part is meeting people and comparing trailers.

> 7- we have an old coach we are repairing. Does your outfit have to be
> in perfect condition to go?

Not at All, everything and anything that is Airstream can
and will be there. How old is your trailer ? If it is 25
year or more, you can come be with the Vintage group, who
are pretty relaxed and lots have kids.  There will be a 3
amp and a 30 amp Vintage section.  Come and visit on the
Vintage open house, where you can tour the older trailers
and ask questions. that and the Flea Market are my favorite
parts.

Anyway, come find me there, in the Vintage 3 amp section, I
will fly a flag with daisies on it and my number is 6517

Daisy