Re: [A/S] advice on first trip

One good place to practice making tight turns and backing is the large
store parking lots after the store has closed and the lot has cleared out.

I used these when I was teaching my son to tow.

You can use the lines on the pavement to see where you are, and stop
midway into turns and other maneuvers to see where the trailer is really
tracking. Knowing where the trailer's wheel placement will be is easily
learned this way. It's also a great place to practice backing straight
for a long ways (the lines help you know how well you're doing and
there's nothing to hit), as well as backing into various simulated
parking spaces.

A good investment of time on things like these will make getting into
and out of parking spaces when you pull in for the night a lot easier.
Besides, there are no people standing around making you nervous as you
practice.

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060