Re: [A/S] International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim Franklin

Dick was asked a question... do we *need* the Teen Queen contest and he said
no. It's his opinion..... he's not wrong. It's how he feels.

Many people find so called "beauty contests" to be offensive...... I don't
know if Dick does or not. Seems like he might.

I have never given it much thought other than to think it's an antiquated
event. The woman who bought my old Airstream joined the WBCCI. One of the first
issues of the magazine that she recieved had the TQ on the cover.... she was
horrified that in this day and age.....

I have a daughter and would not have wanted her to participate in a teen
queen contest when she was a teenager..... I doubt I'd have to tell her "no"
though...... (and trust me she would win <g>)

That said, if people want it I say let them have it...... if girls want to
participate then I say go for it.

I think other, more contemporary forms of entertaining offspring would be in
the club's best interest though.

Hunter