Re: [A/S] International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim

>Dick was asked a question... do we *need* the Teen Queen contest and he said
>no. It's his opinion..... he's not wrong. It's how he feels.

Thanks, Hunter. I don't find the TQ contest offensive, I just
don't think it's *necessary*- after all, it's been around a while, and
hasn't seemed to curb the decline in membership. I think the participants
are typically the grandchildren of older members. Maybe it will encourage
younger members, maybe not. Frankly, I don't care if they have it or
not...that's what I mean by "not necessary."
I certainly do agree that WBCCI needs to address needs of the
younger generation, or it will continue the decline of the last years. I
find it interesting that the Georgia Unit typically has around 20 new
members each year, mostly younger people; but, also, each year, they lose
around 20 members, again, mostly the new young members. It's a nice park
they have, but there is not much there for young (and working) people. We
really need to have some rallies that start on Friday evening and end late
Sunday, so working people can attend.
Well, so much for *my* sermon.

Dick Kenan, from Columbus, OH