RE: [A/S] International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim Franklin

I could go on but what you have to understand is I purchased my
Airstream to first spend time with my kids the club was an added bonus.
We have two girls that have enjoyed and still do going with us on these
trips to the International Rally because of the experiences they have
had with the club and with the youth membership in it. The TQ event is
just one part of it, the bigger picture is having things the youth feel
comfortable with and that is engaging for them. If the WBCCI removes
these opportunities for the youth the club will loose a lot of us
YOUNGER members and without youth there will be no growth.

Well though out post Ed. While I don't want to get into the difference of
opinion, I do want to comment that our interest are not all the same. This
is why, as you mention, there must be events of different types to draw the
interest of the many. My kids and I are not going to be interested in going
to a sewing/knitting seminar with my wife any more than they would be
interested in going to a turkey calling seminar with me. If our differing
interest are satisfied and it is done through safe and organized supervision
then great. The WBCCI needs new members to flourish and if young kids are
not given opportunities to have fun then they will not be interested to
camping out in the future.