[A/S] International Rally and Club Reorganization - Jim Franklin

Quoting Jim's article:
"The following material is intended to stimulate constructive thinking
by the full membership of WBCCI. It is time for the club to consider
making changes in our International Rally and organization and structure
of our regions and it's officers.

.... ( He gives his background involvement in working on International
Rallies)

International Rally Proposal
The club is currently dealing with the same rally preparation scenario
that has been used since the 1980's. Club membership exceeded 20,000
members at that time and now resides in the 8,000's. Rally attendance
has not exceeded 2000 since 1996.  The club added electricity to the
rally equation in 1997 and, since then, has been on a treadmill of
expanding rally cost for equipment, increasing demand for full hookups,
declining rally attendance and volunteer participation.
We must give consideration to the elimination of our International Rally
as we now know it and decrease the length of the rally to accommodate
more rally sites with full hookups. We must consider designating one of
the Region rallies each year as our "Official International Rally" for
that year. Having region rallies in sites that can handle 400-800 units
or more with major hookups is a workable solution.  These Region Rallies
could be held at an optimal time for the region - in the spring winter
or fall. These rallies could receive consideration as the "International
Rally". We could shorten our need for a rally site to approximately one
week and adopt a program approach that other clubs in the industry are
using. We would eliminate the need for most of our rally equipment,
including the mail trailer, cargo trailers, and the cost of moving and
dealing with the equipment.

Region Consolidation

Consider reducing 12 regions down to 7 regions and increasing the number
of region officers in each region to four: each officer serving a one
year term in each position.  The club would therefore, eventually have
28 region officers in consolidated regions to serve the units in their
respective areas."

( His suggested consolidation is as follows: Regions 1&2, 3, 4&5, 7&8,
6&9, 10, 11&12.)

He goes on to provide a Summary, Rationale, and Goals

He gives 6 Goals:
A. Locate rally sites in desirable areas with good climates at favorable
times of the year.
B. Locate sites with full hookups and facilities to accommodate 400-800
units or more.
C. Hold rallies for approximately one week duration.
D. Gain control of cost factors.
E. Renew energy and interest in the club and make Airstreaming more
inviting and enjoyable.
F. Attract younger, working member to more International Rallies.