[A/S] Batteries & More

Perry Scudder wrote "The AGM technology battery is the best on the market
today. It is a lead/acid battery, but the acid is impregnated into a
fiberglass mat that is sandwiched in between strips of lead, then the
sandwich is rolled into a "jelly roll" shaped cell."

A quick question, as a side bar to this thread - on a boondock trip this
weekend, a man told me about some kind of additiona attachment he hooked
into his battery system that somehow that sent periodic pulses thru the
battery, the purpose being to break up the accumulated 'crud' that grows on
the battery's inside sidewalls. Anyone on this List with any experience with
this technology? I think my batteries from the factory were Interstate, and
I had my A/S dealer install the Charge Wizard.

Another question - do any of you leave your trailers plugged in to your 30
amp electricity while in storage? Any input on any positive and/or negatives
of doing this, as long as I check the water levels in the batteries
periodically? I've also left my fridge on while the trailer was in storage.
Keeps the long necks cold out near the barn for those hot summer days.

Jim Whitworth