Re: [A/S] Winterizing

MAYBE great advice but...
I would probably, gladly kill you for dumping salted sewage into my septic tank.
so, I suggest that you forget adding anything including the usual chemicals.
Biological actions normal to a septic tank AND the heat from a heated trailer
will very likely keep the black tank from freezing.  Unless the temp went down
to the teens and stayed there for a month with NO heat in the trailer, I do
doubt that the black tank would freeze more than a skim of ice on the surface.
Additionally, if you are going to make a habit of winter camping, I would
purchase heat "Blankets" which are commercially available to install on the
bottom or the top of the tank.  do this with the grey and fresh water tanks
also.  just buy the things, drop your bottom skin and install the heat covers.
while you have it off, install tank drain valve on the fresh tank which can be
reached from inside or out.  this will allow you to drain your fresh water tank
completely.

fwiw
chas