[A/S] 7 pin plug & Solar collector

We have a 1979, 25 ft tradewind and I would like some information on
the proper wiring when there is a solar collector battery charger
mounted on the roof. In the process of changing the 7 pin plug on the
trailer, I discoverd several wires not connected to the terminals
that the diagram specified. there was no wire connected to the center
pin where the charge wire should have been connected. Will I damage
the solar collector if I hook the blue wire up to the center where
the diagram says it should be ? The black wire which is for the back
up lights was taped off. Has any one had experience with this
situation ? I would appreciate any help or information you can offer.
Thank you, Ted Smith