Re: [A/S] Swinging' from the ball recap

William,

Nope, I just use a receiver welded on the heavy duty bumper of the old
surplus service body (ex-phone company) that I put on the truck, no weight
distributing hitch, no sway control. Many miles of Texas/New Mexico highways
and never had a problem, but because of the extra weight of the Cummins
diesel the 3/4 ton Dodge (at least in '91) shares brakes, suspension and
tires (8 or 10ply) with the 1-ton version, that and the weight factor means
no problems. I am sure with larger 30 to 34ft trailers as the weight began
to approach that of the truck more help would be needed, but if you maintain
a significant weight differential all that fancy stuff is unneeded.

Steve