Re: [A/S] 56 overlander with ass sagg

still waiting for the list AS shop man to answer and weigh in.

having worked on these in the past, in a past life when I was an AS mechanic
while working on my PhD,  and as I now own a 76.5 Sovereign with that rear rail
support installed, I will offer this info.

Odds are that your damage is not from a plywood/rail separation.

more likely someone hung a spare or some other weight on the rear bumper which
then caused that sag.

repair?
yes, but not with "angle iron"  instead, you will likely want to get the 70s
stiffener fix which is a pair of perforated Channel pieces bolted to the rails
from vic rear axle to the vic rear bumper.

perforations to reduce weight, Channel wraps around the longitudinal beams for
strength.

fwiw
chas