Re: [A/S] Sway driving out of it

I personally believe the secret to solving most of the sway problems is 1st a
properly loaded trailer My 24 ft tradewind weighs aprox 6000lb loaded With
the toungh mounted generator and a full fresh water tank I have a toungh weight
of about 1000 lb.I use no equalizing hitch or sway bars.I have towed many
thousands of miles in all kinds of road conditions execpt snow and ice in Montana
on a calm day the cross winds were abour 40 mph and the semis passed me at
aprox 99.9 mph I never Experinced white knuckles driving.Do i reccomed this setup
for any one ?No this is what works for me and I will continue to use this
setup.
2nd I believe it is very importent to have a vechile up to the task.I tow
with a 2500 Dodge Cummins Diesel with helper springs ans Air shocks also I use a
vert short hitch bar bringing the weight as far forward as
possable.Disadvantage I have to be careful backing up that I do not jacknife the trailer into the
generator inclosure.Also the springing on the Dodge is such that you never
forgret that you are riding in a truck.
The worse air blasts I have experanced from vechiles passinf me is not from
the semis buut from the big square fronted motor homes travling at 70+mph.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel