Re: [A/S] The HLH Edition

I also hope that you got the chance to drag some of the Airstream design folks
through some of the vintage trailers.

Wally had some really open and functional designs on trailers in the
Globetrotter and Tradewind and smaller sizes that I'd have hoped could be
incorporated into some of the new offerings someday.

Does anyone know how suitable the current smaller designs would be to dragging
the trailer over gravel and other unimproved roads the way I used to drag the
old Tradewind International? I don't know if the "International" designation
still means what it did back then, i.e. taller suspension, bigger tankage,
and built for rough roads?

One of the attractions to me is getting into the back country and still having
the comforts we have been accustomed to in an Airstream. It's looking like
restoring the old trailer may take a while, though I'll get it refurbished
eventually. I may want to get hold of another before than. The call of the
road is getting way to strong <smile>.

It'd be very interesting to have an idea session with some of the Airstream
designers over coffee someday, and see how current design trends could be
merged with some of the traditional ideas that have stood the test of time.

Rick Kunath