Re: [A/S] How Heavy a Toad?

My MH is 1991 30' and from the manual:

ASW Weight 14,800#
GVWR Weight 17,000#

ASW=Approximate Standard Weight including fuel but without water

The difference between the two figures is what you can tow without
putting a strain on the affected systems.

Hunter, my first MH was a little 20' Argosy doodlebug. Had the
largest tow rating. I have forgotten now what it was but is was
surprising and it was because of the ratio of the two weights noted
above. The short Argosy with the beefy 454 engine could support a
large Gross vehicle Weight which was not all used up by its own weight.

Well the engineers are rolling their eyes by now but thats my
explanation. Anyway I loved that little Doodle Bug. I have not
posted in a while though kept up through the Yahoo group site.

Tom, I have moved to Brenham and having trouble finding storage for
my rig. Saw Criss at Bob Jones RV the other day and he said you had
been in.

As soon as I fix a balky door step and a slow flushing head we are
going to throw a dart at the map and go someplace.

Love to all.

Steele