[A/S] Hot rotary switches on ceiling lights

I got my "new" 79 International earlier this week.  I took down the
lenses from the roof vent ceiling light combos to clean them.

While the lenses were off and the lights were on, I noticed that the
rotary light switches get pretty warm, especially when all 6 bulbs
are on.

I checked to make sure the voltage was correct, no problem there,
just wanted to know if this is common.

The one in the bedroom won't let all 6 bulbs come on at the same time
and I assume some contact cleaner will do the job.

On an unrelated topic, for those who may have read my post about
where to plug in a microwave, I found a hole drilled thru the cabinet
and into the refer compartment, just in front of the wheel well, at
floor level.

Christopher