[A/S] Hott Rod help needed

   We are trying to get a Hott Rod to work in our Atwood 6 Gal Hot
water heater in our motor home. We found a defective part and
replaced it but we are still not getting hot water. Power seems to be
coming through all the wires as we test them, but still it doesn't
heat water. I read an old post to this board in which the person
stated that the only instruction they had was to pull the plug, push
the reset button, which didn't work. I wonder if anyone has any
solutions or things we can try?
   Thanks,
Kathleen