Re: [A/S] Re: Wheel Bearings [ Looonng! ]

Nick, you raise an interesting question.  I have seen
the infra-red device at Radio Shack and have
considered purchasing one.  The question is what is
normal running temperatures for a bearings in use?  I
normally use the touch of the hand to the wheel hub
cover but find that these temperatures vary based on
the amount of braking prior to the stop or outside air
and road temperatures.

I had my Safari wheel bearings repacked by my local
dealer last year.  I remember that one or two wheels
seemed to run hotter than the others for a short time
after the repacking.  I blamed it on the probability
that they probably adjusted the brakes after placing
the wheel back on and nothing is ever exact on that
process.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'