[A/S] Re: Wheel Bearings

The usual explanation for this apparaent anomaly is that trailer
wheels suffer conditions unlike that of car wheels. In particular,
when reversing a multi-axle trailer at an angle, there are enormous
side forces on the wheels. (Just look at the tire distortion under
such conditions.) The additional explanation is that trailers often
sit idle for months at a time. Under those conditions, some greases
dry out, harden, crack, and loose their lubricating qualities. I'm
just passing on what I've read. I check mine when I take the drums
off to check the brakes, and I do it for peace of mind. Nick.