[A/S] Re: Reasonable price for 1979 31' International? (Follow up)

Chris:  I replaced the twins in my Excella 1000 with a standard
double (60 in wide).  I have the overhead lockers, and the width of
a queen would have been too much.  I took the boxes that the twin
mattresses sat on out, cut them down and turned them around so the
access doors open under each side of bed.  This exposed the exterior
access doors.  I have carpet on my walls, so I installed a low chair
rail just above the doors, finished to match the existing, and
replaced the floor carpet, running it up the wall to the chair rail.

I cut around the exterior doors, and now regret it.  Were I to do it
over, I'd glue 1 inch styrofoam to them and carpet right over them.
I put bedside cabinets on the box that forms the rear boot which
also hold the headboard in place.  The rear window is the emergency
exit, so the headboard is sitting on splines, and can be quickly
lifted out of the way.  Good luck remodeling!

Mark Alden
34' w/Cummins Dodge