Re: [A/S] Atwood Hot Water Heater

George - Several things come to mind.

1. a bad switch on the water heater.  OR a bad heater element. You will
obviously have to get to the back.

The back of my heater is accessible by removing the clothes hamper under
the bathroom sink.

You can then see the back of the heater and the switch.  Turn it off
.  Does it still blow the breaker???

You may also have to remove the carpet(Stapled) to the shelf under the bath
sink and unscrew or pry the shelf off.

2.  A faulty breaker.   Try replacing the breaker with a new one.  (I had
one that would not reset.)

3.   Something else on the 120V circuit could be the culprit.  Unplug ALL
120v items.
One at a time and test the beaker before going to the next item.
Toaster, hair dryer, refrigerator, computers, Battery charger, converter,
etc. Does it still blow????

If all of the above do not show you the trouble maker it may be a faulty
heating element requiring a trip to a RV service center.  Any ATwood dealer
can check it out by removing it and bench testing.  (Hope it doesn't come
to that.)

Blair
Hangin' in Key West