Re: [A/S] Slab City

TIA,
There are some very nice recent photos of Slab City in "Ready to Roll" (just
arrived from Amazon.com). The write up says it's just outside Niland,
California. It was Naval Base from WW II and was closed down sometime ago.
All of the structures are gone leaving just concrete slabs hence the name.
It's 640 acres and has no water or power and "this unlikely venue attracts
snowbirds of an especially independent stripe". I guess this means us! Some
of those who choose to winter there include retired singles groups like
"Loners of America", "Loners on Wheels" and "Women on Wheels". I guess you
would fit in there somewhere right Hunter. Looks like a very interesting
spot.
Maybe one day.............
Colin