[A/S] Re: A/S Trailer Widths

  Hi, A few years ago I called the Wisc State Patrol about widths. I
had a customer request for a wide trailer. I was told that any road
that uses federal hwy $ for it's construction or maintenance has to
allow 102" units irregardless of the law in their state. I asked what
happens when I need to leave the federal $ road. He said that here in
Wisc. Nothing. He jokingly added that if they feel that someone needs
a ticket, they can easily find another reason. He also stated that as
far as he knew it was pretty much the same policy in other states.
Already then many 102" trailers were on the road. I'm sure it can
vary from place to place so it don't hurt to ask. Another thing I
have found anywhere I have traveled towing an RV is that the scales
don't seem to care about RV weights and lic. When in Wy. a few years
back I was chewed on royally for having pulled up on the scale evan
thou the sign on the hwy. required that I do. Good luck. Arnie