Re: [A/S] Black tank repair

Al,
Almost nothing sticks to Polyethylene. The best help you can give it for
the adhesion is to scuff it up good with something like a wire brush on
a drill. Scuff is probably not the best word for it. High Density PE is
slick and soft. You are trying to cut the top surface so that the epoxy
resin will flow into the undercuts a grab hold.

It can actually be welded, but few people know how or have the skills to
do it. I opted for the patch. I made a repair on one that was still
holding 4 or 5 years after I sold the rig.

Steele