[A/S] water filters

Hi, I'm new to the group so I hope I'm not rehashing old, boring
stuff for the rest of you. I've never even lurked here before. So
here's my big question: I'm going to be living in my Airstream for a
few months while the house gets fixed up. The water here is awful; it
looks kind of like skim milk. I thought I'd do well to put in a sort
of "whole house" water filter, so all the water is filtered before it
turns everything into stalactites. Do I need to get a filter designed
specially for trailers? Or will any filter do? Has anybody had good
luck with a fairly economical setup they can describe?
     Thanks for listening.
--Jackie