RE: [A/S] Odors

Marvin,
I use a product originally developed for marine holding tanks, but now
marketed for RVs as well. Unlike other additives that typically either
attempt to mask odor or use formaldehyde, this product uses Chlorine
Dioxide.  The Chlorine Dioxide stays as a stable molecule until it contacts
as acid (such as in black water tank), then the molecule breaks down on an
as-need basis to form two oxygen (a very strong oxidizer which breaks down
solids) and chlorine which neutralizes the odors.  The byproduct of the
reaction is salt (NOT trichloromethane dioxins (a carcinogen) as in pure
chlorine reactions).  The reaction continues as long as there are acids
present, then, it stops, so it is self limiting.  There is NO native odor or
in use odor to the product and our experience has shown that it totally
stops ALL odors in both the gray and black tanks.  I also like the fact that
it coats the inside of the tanks so that once drained, it continues to
neutralize acids/odors.

The product brand that I use is Odor-Con.  I purchased online at
www.billydump.com/3r/3rhome.htm.  When used as directed (1 oz / 60 gallons),
the cost is less than 75cents treatment. It is not recommended or necessary
to add additional amounts prior to dumping the tanks.  Although putting only
1/2oz per typical A/S holding tank (30 gallons) does not sound like a lot,
it really works. I highly recommend this product.

David Tidmore
Bret Waisner
'02 19' Bambi LS
WBCCI # 7548