Re: [A/S] Another A/C question

I trust that you are converting the ends to 30A ???
To run 50A into a trailer's 30A breaker box is to invite melt down.. or worse.

there is usually little difference between a 50A shore cable and a 30A cable
other than the plugs on both ends.  Now, if you are talking a long extension
cable as in a 50 foot or so, then yes, that would be a heavier wire.  I have
bought in the past, 4 wire 880V power cable used for starting aircraft engines
when I could find it in the surplus "stores" on military posts/bases.  Superb
high amperage stuff.  also about an inch thick or more.

fwiw
chas