Re: [A/S] Re: brakes and shocks

You get what you pay for and pay for and pay for.

My experience with cookie cutter chain brake shops, has been that the
life time warranty is only on the pads and shoes.  I quit going to these
places after my first brake job at one, because it became apparent that
they used it as a money maker. They use the lower grade parts, often
from off shore where the quality can be suspect, just to get you back in
the door. Once back you get,  'Sir, we are going to have to replace the
hardware, that will be $25.00 per wheel.", "you need new rotors, the
last time they were turn they were down to the minimum, that will be
$100.00 per side.", etc.

They will install premium parts if you are willing to pay the price,
then there is no warranty.

If I can't do the work myself, I take it to my local independent
mechanic that I have dealt with for years. I have premium North American
made parts installed and know that the job will be done right and that
it will last.

The $130.00 "Life Time Warranty" fee paid by the original poster, still
had a hefty profit margin in it.

I made the mistake once, I won't do it again.

regards...
Jim