[A/S] Jerry finally bought a new truck

But it is not that 4x4 tallboy I asked you guys about a couple weeks ago. I
finally decided the difference in height between its hitch receiver and my
Airstream ball was too great to deal with without a mechanical engineering
degree.

I bought a white Dodge 3500 dually Laramie 4x2 this morning. Got the
automatic transmission and the new Cummins HO 305 HP quiet diesel. Got all
the toys inside - premium interior and all.

I LOVE the side mirrors - got the folding trailer tow mirrors that flip
up/out to convert to tow position - neatest little trick you ever saw -
very nicely positioned for tow duty when out, and they have  a section that
gives a wide view. I won't need those little convex stick-ons like I had to
put on my previous side mirrors.

Bought a few gallons of diesel fuel for it - first station did not have
pay-at-pump for his diesel pump, but I found another that did (gave me an
excuse to drive a little further ;-). I didn't fill it up because the
dealer owes me a free full fill-up when I take it back to him for a
clean-up on Monday.

I hope I find more pay-at-pump diesels on the road - I thought I had given
up standing in line to pay for fuel years ago. Hunter, please fill me in on
what you meant a few days ago about different diesel prices for commercial
drivers vs us. This is my first diesel and I need to know whazzup.

Sure is nice to quit truck-shopping. It has been a real PITA. The old '97
2500 Dodge had 100K miles on it, and was still good, but I wanted something
new before our next caravan (July 7th). I have been visiting this dealer
and that, and studying prices and markets. I must have driven a thousand
miles (yes, really!) over the last 3 weeks to various nearby Dodge dealers
to check inventory. No more.

Oh - did I mention the radio even displays the call letters of the station
I am listening to? (I have NO CLUE at all how it does that.)

Jerry Flanders 4404