Re: [A/S] Yellow ceiling

We went thru this two years ago when we bought our 1978 31' sovereign.
Previous owners were smokers and we assumed it was due to smoking. Ceilings
were also sticky and covered with no see um bugs. we washed with TSP, Pine
Sol, SOS pads, oxyclean, spic and span, fantastic. We still were not
satisfied and ceiling looked clean, but was sticky to touch. I then tried
"Krud Cutter" from ace hardware and it cleaned up whatever remained.
I thought SOS pads were a little too abrasive before using, but they worked
good. We then shifted to the green scouring pad and they seemed to work the
best.
Needless to say we washed down the inside about seven times before removing
the sticky feeling completely.
I was amazed when I'd read a thread and someone would say use "this" it
worked wonders the first time!
In our case I believe the most important removal tool was elbow grease!
Although I'd start with Krud Cutter if I was starting over.
The yellow fiberglass curved sections are another matter and we are still
working on them. Tried bleach on the bath section, Nothing. They are getting
lighter and I'll try again but it's low on my priority list!
Good Luck
Paul
78 31'sovereign RB