[A/S] Re: Front Kitchen Models

Jonathan,

I don't know what all years A/S made FKs but they were made in 2 sizes,
30 & 34'.  We full time in a '94 30' FK and Sandy (wife) loves all the counter
and storage space.  IMHO the 29, 30 or 31' size is the "sweet spot" for 2
people to full time in.  And the FK is the most livable floor plan for full
timers.
There are several reasons for this: ease for parking, backing up, fueling up,
and a 30' foot has room for everything you really need with no wasted space.

As I understand it the 34' FKs some years had weight distribution problems.
The early ones had too much weight on the tongue so they moved the axles
forward.  This should have fixed it, but they overdid it and made them too
light
on the hitch (which can cause instability, leading to sway).  Then they moved
the axles again and got it just about right.  A Hensley or Pull Right hitch
would
take care of the instability but they cost several K$.

The 30' were all ok, as far as I know.  If you have questions about the 30' FK
feel free to email me.  I could email you pictures or a copy of the floor
plan.

Tony  KC9BTA
WBCCI  6373
'94 30' Excella 1000 FK