Re: [A/S] A/S Tow Vehicle Shocks

I'm very interested in the answer(s) you get... i'm thinking of trading up
to the 2003 2500 hemi after the 2004's come out.

i've got a couple of questions: which wheels/suspension do you have? Did you
by any chance get the version with the 20" wheels on the 'sports package'?
also, have you tried towing with it yet?

After acquiring my 2002 Dodge 1/2-ton with the 20" wheels, i learned that
the towing capacity was lowered by about 600 lbs for the different
suspension that accomodates the taller wheels. Right out of the box, the
ride seemed inordinately 'stiff', especially when braking... it kind of
'shudders' or bounces when coming to a stop. However, i also found the
truck's ride smoothed right out when towing anything over about 1,500 lbs.

tuna
reno, nv