Re: [A/S] Flying Airstream, What to do?

No, it would not,

go get ahold of Bud Cooper of the VAC living down in Pharr, TX in the
wintertime.  he puts on a show at most Regionals or Intls on taking dents out of
trailer panels.  If there is no frame damage, and you find no evidence of
internal components ripping loose or crinkled skin on the side opposite, I would
take the bucks and take it down to the VAlley or send him a better set of photos
than you have up so far so that he can see if you have stretched or just pushed
in metal.  if it is stretched, like the sheet metal on an auto, you are going to
have to bondo or cut a patch.  odds are, you could splice in a 3 foot wide
section from the top seam to the banana.  What you have there is highly fixable
and I would not agree that you have to strip off the entire side.  at least, not
in my previous life of being an AS mechanic.

he needs a picture from about 10 feet away then one from each side of the pole
about 4 feet away.  three pictures should be enough.  pull them off your site
and send them with your message.  he really would not be interested in 20 or 30
pictures.

go get a second opinion.
preferably from Bud - that old man is the real heart and founder of the VAC
interclub.

Bud Cooper
rucoop@aol.com
if AOL is case sensitive (which would not surprise me)
it is shown as RUCOOp@aol.com
his telnr is 956-783-5641

I am sure that he is not in Rockford MI by now.

cheers
chas