Re: [A/S] vintage vs new

Having had a 67 Safari and now a 03 Safari I've experienced both ends of
the A/S dream! My first rally was the WDCU rally at the Outer Banks this
Aug. and I was the newest unit there. I had signed up having the 67 and
attended with the 03. I had a blast! Sure there was lots of vintage talk
and the usual open house with everyone pleased with their renovations
but I never felt out of the loop! And yes, Jim Greene was able to
converse with me about subjects other then vintage A/S's! (secretly, I
think most were a bit envious of the modern conveniences I enjoy in my
new coach) (you have to admit that having a gray water tank is the BEST!)

BUT, I have to admit that I miss having a vintage rig. It was fun
constantly tinkering with it and hearing how others fixed similar
problems. The perfect world for me would be a yard big enough to have
the new one, a really old one and a motor home! Each would have their
time out on the road for different occasions and I'd be in A/S heaven!

Patti