[A/S] winterizing

This is our first Michigan winter owning an Airstream and since we cannot
find a reasonably priced inside storage facility,  we have contracted with
the local (non AS) dealer to winterize and store our AS on their back lot.
My question is what is the consensus on covering the trailer with a tarp.
I have the original manual and it does not address that topic.  Some I have
talked to say NO it scratches the finish some say yes it protects from the
snow melt. Your thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Dan Conroy

1989 29 Excella

1997 Dodge Truck