Re: [A/S] 63 Ambassador towing

Thanks for the advice.  I've looked into it and the Explorer is definitely
not an option.  The trailer weighs more than the load rating.  The trailer
is in up near Oakland, I live in LA.  The major hurdle may be the "grapevine",
a section of the 5 freeway that has a long steep grade going up and down,
about 80 miles north of here.
I plan to haul it down here to clean up and repair. It probably won't be moved
any where for awhile.  I've seen multiple posts on the board about suitable
towing vehicles, I expect I'll use that as a reference before I put it on the
road.
I spoke with my friend with the truck,  we may split the cost of a tranny
rebuild before we go get the trailer.  I'll be sure to look at the brakes
before heading out.
Thanks for your help,
Jeff