Re: [A/S] Gas for your tow vehicle

Hi Brian,

My brother is employed with a major oil refinery as a chemical engineer.  He
drives a 3/4 ton Ford Van to ferry his 7 kids, so he and his wife put a lot
of miles on the van.  He tows a fold down camper, though not often.

Anyway, back to your question about using higher octane fuel.  As I said, he
drives a large van and uses premium fuels rather than regular octane because
it offers better power.  He gets 2 to 3 miles more per gallon and makes up
for the difference in cost.  He told me the same thing  you were told.  The
higher octane fuel gives more power in large vehicles and thus better fuel
mileage.  Works for him in Louisiana.

                       Regards, Joy