[A/S] Re: Maurice, hitch it up again ;)

Okay, Tom... I can see you aren't going to get it... until you get to
play with and tow with a Hensley yourself.  A few of us who have one
have tried to explain it for you.  There's no "locking" or friction
at 15 degrees.  That's just the point in the turn that the anti-sway
properties are gone.

Actually, Hunter was the one who showed me how to swing it throughout
its entire range of travel (WELL past 15 degrees) to line it up into
whatever direction the tow vehicle may be approaching from... and
yes, she did this with her bare hands... and even without the drop
bar installed for leverage.

The shiny half moon things are just covers to keep dirt out of the
pins below.  They have nothing to do with the function.

The Equal-I-Zer is a friction sway control and fights the truck
turning the trailer as much as it fights the trailer swaying the
truck.  The Hensley provides no resistance to the truck turning the
trailer and a lot of resistance to the trailer swaying the truck.

The Pullrite is also an excellent design that provides similar
function and it's $800 less.  The extra money for the Hensley was
worth having the hitch installed on the trailer vs the truck, and not
having to relocate the big 4WD spare to the bed.

--
Maurice
WBCCI 5446