Re: [A/S] Maurice, hitch it up again ;)

As the Hensley technician explained to me over the telephone, their hitch forces
the tow vehicle and the trailer to act as one unit, limiting any turning on the
road.  the friction bar and cams do the same to a lesser degree and those are
cautioned to be released when you are slow speed parking or spotting the
trailer.  I am sure that this is also true of the Arrow.

Meanwhile, the utter simplicity of the Pullrite ignores all of this. as long as
the tow has any forward pull on the trailer, the drawbar will center on the bow
or curved circumference of the 70* arc.  Thus, you want trailer brakes engaging
anytime you start to losing the tow vehicle's momentum advantage.  As in going
down a steep incline (always slow at the top to the speed you want to be doing
when you get to the bottowm), do your slowing with your trailer brakes on the
way down to make sure that you do not get the trailer overrunning the truck.

the Ford has too short an overhang from the rear face of the differential to the
bumper for me to use the Pullrite on the Suburban.  will just plan to leave it
on the Burb and sell it with that truck.  Will order a new Pullrite for the
E350.  Selling the Hensley at half price will pay for the Pullrite.  Finally,
the total amount it would cost to replace anything that might get worn or lost
or stolen would likely be about $50.  Compare that to the Arrow.  Plus, there is
virtually nothing to have to put inside the trailer or truck to keep it from
walking off in a long term storage lot or a long term trailer park.

enuff
this list is about Airstreams, lets talk about those instead.

chas