Re: [A/S] Re: Hensley Hitch Not Required (?)

I have to agree with Chuck and Jim.  I've pulled Airstreams since the late
60's.  I have used Surburbans, Blazer (full size) and pickups.  The short
wheel base on the Blazer gave me a bouncing problem with my 31 ft. Airstream
(late 60's Blazer and Airstream) from the expansion joints in the highway.  I
have never felt any stability problem with any of my tow vehicles or any of
the four different Airstreams I have towed.  I have always used an equilizing
hitch and sway control devices.  In the earlier Airstreams I used a friction
type sway control and now use a cam type sway control.  I have seen the
Hensley video, but have never felt the need to go to the extra expense to
purchase thier hitch.  I am very pleased with the hitch set up I have and see
no need to switch.  I have towed through the West and Southwest a number of
times.

I do have the Hensley clamp on mirrors and like them very much.

I guess hitches are like tow vehicles.  Some people like GM; some like Ford,
and some like Chrysler.

Ain't compitition GREAT!

Sam
WBCCI 12557