Re: [A/S] Re: Hensley Hitch Not Required (?)

I agree, virtually any good weight distribution hitch with sway control,
when installed and adjusted properly will provide good results. I to have
pulled trailers from coast to coast in various road and weather conditions,
higher altitudes, in traffic and on busy interstate highways. All with no
serious incident.

Although I consider myself a fair salesman, I would starve to death trying
to sell Hensley Hitches. That's not because of the price, but this is a
product that a person comes to on their own when they decide to buy. It was
that way with me. We had just returned from a 3 week trip and pulled our 31'
Sovereign from Houston up through Flagstaff and back. No real incidents. The
Suburban 1500 was up to the job and the A/S pulled great. But when we got
home I told my wife that I was going to order a Hensley Arrow Hitch. Her
only question was will they take a check or should we put it on a credit
card so that they could ship it to us sooner. This came from a woman that I
have made up a code when I want to buy something for the A/S. My code is: Oh
just a couple of dollars, for anything under $100, or well maybe $15 or $20,
for anything over a $100. She ain't that dumb, but this is the game we play.

Now with the Hensley when we travel my wife will actually read a book or
take a nap. She would never do that before. And, as these new super charged
aerodynamic 18 wheelers come by at a 100 MPH just hoping to suck your doors
off, I smile and waive at them. As an added benefit I can now back this 31'
trailer in to any tight spot usually on the first try. Its amazing.

Its a personal decision, but one that I am extremely happy that I made.

Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign
Hensley Arrow Hitch