Re: [A/S] 2 Way Satellite Internet

Mike,

It has been a long time since I was heavily involved in commercial
two-way radio... but... if I remember my FCC rules/regs, while a "2nd
phone" or now a General Radiotelephone license is nolonger REQUIRED
to install satelite uplinks, the FCC has come down hard on Dish,
Direct, Inmarsat etc for "non-technical" people sending RF skyward
without properly aiming the uplink.

This is because the birds are narrow spaced, and if you are off a few
degrees, you are not only painting the bird you want, but splattering
the bird NEXT to the one you want. This is QRM and everyone suffers.

I am sure that the FCC is not going to track you down, but what the
FCC will do is make it harder on the service providers and everything
trickles down.

I have been watching this closer these days, I moved from semi-
civilized Cincinnati to the boonies, now, I cannot get xDSL or high
speed cable.. I have been looking at 2 way satelite for my home as
well as camping... I would love to be able to install the system
myself, but even with a General Radiotelephone license, 30 yrs as an
electronics tech and 25 yrs as an Amateur Radio op, the local dealers
will not let me do it myself...

Bob