Re: [A/S] Battery dead resolution

chandlers/boat stores sell a terminal dealy that goes onto one of the battery's
poles and you then screw the cable onto that device.  by turning a knob, you
disconnect the battery.  There are automatic dealies that do the same thing when
the battery gets down to a certain level but they are self defeating.

I like the mechanical because it does not add to the problem.

Finally, if your trailer is parked for more than 30 days, consider pulling the
battery and placing it on a piece of wood (bench) and attaching a solar or other
trickle charger to it.  keep an eye on fluid level.  heat is hell on battery
fluids.  go look at it every couple of weeks.  if the battery is sealed, fine,
but still pull it out and keep it charged.  do NOT put it on a metal stand or
the concrete floor as it will discharge.  this may be OLD 1950s rule but I still
do it.

fwiw
chas

--
Charles L Hamilton,  chasm@schuetzen.net  Houston, TX
WBCCI #1130  VAC   S*M*A*R*T '76 Sovereign