Re: [A/S] Battery dead resolution

I have an 83 Sovereign which sat for almost two years with the 110
plugged in. I had to replace the refrigerator and in the process
noted the ceiling lights stopped working. As they are on the 12 volt
system I checked the battery and the sucker was completely dry. I
added electrolite and recharged at a slow amperage for about 30 hours
to no avail. It still had two bad cells and I'll probably have to get
a new one.
All this to come to the main point, which is that in checking
everything else, there is a "light" switch right next to the sofa and
a little below the folding table, which controls the battery charger.
Now when I leave the trailer for a period of time, I just flick the
switch down to turn off the battery charger. When I come back to the
trailer the console shows battery condition as poor, but, turning on
the switch immediately charges it back up to operate the lights,
radio and water pump.
This may not be your answer, and I still may be drawing some amps,
but thought you'd like to know that my Airstream does indeed have
this switch.
Best of luck
Bob