[A/S] Battery dead resolution

Hi all,
If you remember I started a thread early July talking
about my woes when I found my battery dead and of
course the power hitch jack was inoperable.  I was
concerned that it had been only 60 days or so since I
last used the trailer and I hadn't left anything
on....other than leaving the master disconnect switch
on and of course the propane detector (which the
disconnect switch doesn't affect).

I finally got a meter to check the amp draw and here
are the results.  With the master disconnect switch
off and the only power draw being the propane
detector, the amp draw was .09 of an amp.  With the
disconnect switch on, no appliances turned on, and
propane detector on, the draw was .10 of an amp.

Bottom line the power draw is roughly 2.4 amps per
day.  The battery supplied by A/S is rated 105 amp
hours at a 5 amp draw.  Based on my math, the battery
is close to depletion in 45 days or so.  No wonder why
the power hitch jack was useless.

Looks like I need to consider some solar help, or a
real battery kill switch if I plan to not use the
trailer for an extended period.

Jack

=====
Jack Canavera