Re: [A/S] Extended van towing

I can't speak from experience on a towing basis but
those extended vans, when not towing, have some nasty
roll over habits, especially when loaded.  The College
(who I work for) has reduced the allowable passenger
load due to the roll over problems.  I saw a program
with videos and its pretty scary.  It apparently
covers all manufacturers.  Ford seems to have the
highest rate although that may be due to the sheer
numbers purchased rather than any statistical
measurement.

I pull with a standard length '99 Chevy Express Van.
Personally as a tow vehicle it is very stable,
although in a non towing mode it doesn't give me the
stability that I experenced with the older full sized
GM vans, circa 1988 or so.

GM has introduced a new full sized line of vans for
2003.  This months Trailer Life has a preview article.

Jack