[A/S] Magic Chef Thermostat.

Hello all,
Out of Lurk mode for a swift question.
Our very own font of all knowledge, Charlie Burke, has been sourcing parts
for my Airstream and Argosy, and all very reasonable they are too, thanks
Charlie.
However, one little hitch occurred the other day, when we were blowing out
the gas lines; blew too hard, and now, I've blown up the thermostatic oven
control on the Magic Chef range in the Argosy.
The Magic Chef is model no BT 16JS-4, and the serial number is
6  1851888.  I asked Charlie, and he said that oven thermostat is still
available, just barely. Magic Chef (Maytag)
has a conversion kit for it. Cost is $176 plus $7.95 shipping.
I said, Gulp, maybe we can do without the oven, but first,
can anyone on the list help...has anyone got a secondhand one, or know
where I can get a secondhand one?
Please?
Happy 4th July all,
love